Everywhere you turn, things are costing more! Here are the top 7 Tips Perfection Plumbing recommends so that you can conserve water, save money on your utility bill and Help Saskatoon become a greener city!
1. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. The typical person can save up to 4 gallons per minute, and a family of four can save 200 gallons a week just with this one simple tip.
2. Install low flow shower heads. Take the bucket test. If your shower head can fill a one gallon bucket in less than 20 seconds, its time to replace your showerhead.
3. Don’t run your washer or dishwasher every day; only run them when they are full.
4. When running your washer, match the water level to the size of the load. Not every load has to be run at full capacity.
5. Reuse your shower towel. Even reusing it once can cut your laundry requirements in half.
6. Instead of running your tap water for cold water, consider filling pitchers and jugs, and placing them in your refrigerator. A cold drink will be easier – and more efficient – to get to.
7. Install a hot water circulation system. You can instantly have hot water whenever you choose, and save thousands of gallons of water per year.